The second annual Membership and Volunteer Appreciation Day held on Saturday, August 18, was a fun filled event which including visiting with the new KFT family members, meeting our board of directors, and it certainly was a beautiful afternoon for a BBQ.
Congratulations to JJ Kho who won the Membership Appreciation Prize; 2 guest passes to the Toronto Zoo, and Michaela Stiegler who won the Candy Guessing Game with a correct guess of 30 candies. Please visit our Facebook page for pictures from the event, around the office, and weekly updates!
It is that time of year again; memberships are now due for renewal! As of June 2012 memberships will be valid for one year from the date of renewal. This year we have made some changes to the membership process and have introduced a new category of membership for couples.
- All renewing members will receive a membership package which includes; a membership card, a car magnet of your choice, a KFT water bottle, a coupon from the Water Store in Orillia, kid’s activities, games, stickers, and brand new outreach material for members of all ages including invasive species education.
- Remember as a member you receive a vote at our annual general meeting. Ensure your voice is heard in 2012!
- Our membership card includes our brand new Turtle Passport program. By visiting the KFT booth at 10 events or festivals throughout the year kids 13 and under will receive a free t-shirt.
- Don’t forget! Our snowshoes are available for use during the winter season.
- We are working on a pay pal account for convenient online membership renewal which we will make available soon…watch our website for details.
Single memberships are available to individuals over 18 years for $25.00 and couples can join at a special rate of $35.00. Our family membership includes up to 4 children for $45.00.
Summer 2012 Calendar of Events
Join us on June 2, 12:30pm at Lakehead University Rm 2014 for a 2 hour workshop presented by the Toronto Zoo under their Adopt a Pond program followed by a hosted nature walk at Scout Valley. Space is limited so please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org. WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE!!